Protect the Exterior of Your Minerva Home from Water Damage
The exterior of your home can let in water in many ways. If the outside of your home is not properly kept up with, water can seep in through spots such as gutters, windows, cracks in the foundation and more. It is important to do a routine checkup at least every year of the exterior of your home to protect against water damage. Below are some tips on what to look out for to do this.
How to Protect Your Home from Water Damage
Below are tips from iii.org sharing what to look out for to protect your home from water damage:
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage.
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged and aging shingles and make necessary repairs.
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guards to prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof.
SERVPRO of North Columbiana County are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!