Furnace Safety Tips for Columbiana Homes This Winter
We all know that in Ohio, winters can be brutal. The wind is howling and the snow is falling quite frequently this time of year. Columbiana is not excluded in this trend, and if you’re a resident here you know that well. One of the best ways we escape the winter weather is our furnace at home. They can be a savior during the winter months. While we’re cranking up the heat this winter, let’s review some fire safety tips regarding your furnace:
- Have your HVAC system checked yearly
- Remove dust from your heating vents
- Check for odd smells - gas, burning, oil smells mean something is wrong!
- Make sure your furnace is not cluttered
These are a few of the necessary steps you should take to prevent your furnace from being a major fire hazard. It’s important now to understand how your HVAC system could catch on fire this winter:
- Electrical: loose connections can cause wires to burn
- Furnace Being Cluttered: clean the area around your furnace!
- Leaking Fuel Line: fuel could come in connect with a hot surface around your furnace
Those are just a few ways your furnace can be a fire hazard during the winter. If you do experience a fire in your Columbiana home this winter, or at any time, SERVPRO of North Columbiana County can help. They have a wide variety of fire restoration services to get your home back to pre loss condition fast. Visit our Website or call us at (330) 921-4931 to take advantage of our services today!